About the Program
The Aboriginal Business Development Program (ABDP), administered by Ulnooweg, offers non-repayable business contributions to individual Aboriginal entrepreneurs and community owned businesses. Working together with clients and partners, we provide a range of services and support that is helping promote the growth of a strong Aboriginal business sector in Canada. Contact our team for further information on the program and eligibility.
The majority of ABDP funding goes towards small and medium-sized businesses in the form of non-repayable contributions.
Shawn Roberts – Empire Atlantic
For community-based projects, conditions will be considered when determining contribution levels and repayment terms.
The Ulnooweg team can:
- Help determine if your project is eligible before you submit an application
- Provide advice and financial support to help you develop your business plan
- Help you access the right lenders for the commercial financing requirements of your business. (This may include referring you to an Aboriginal Financial Institution)
- Provide financial assistance, most often in the form of a non-repayable contribution
- Provide advice and financial assistance to facilitate business partnerships
- Provide financing towards eligible costs of management training and for business advisors once your business is operating
Some of the eligible expenses for ABDP support are:
- Business planning
- Establishment and operating costs
- Business acquisitions and expansions
- Local, domestic or export oriented marketing initiatives
- New product or process development
- Adding technology to improve operations and competitiveness
- Financial services, business support, business-related training and mentoring services
Eligibility amounts include:
|Development of business plans, marketing plans, feasibility studies||Up to 75%|
|Establishment, expansion or acquisition||Up to 40%|
|Marketing initiatives||Up to 60%|
|Business support; project related management||Up to 75%|
Are you eligible for this program?
Eligible applicants are individuals of Canadian Aboriginal status or non-status, Metis or Inuit Heritage (on or off reserve), living and operating their businesses within the Atlantic provinces. Aboriginal business and financial organizations, as well as development corporations are also eligible for contributions.
For more information on the ABDP and other sources of funding, contact our team today!